Wednesday 6 July 2016

Day 188 2016: Caught between East and West...

Day 188: ...no, not my memoirs

Nor indeed is it a philosophical treatise on being Australian in Tokyo, or a Japanese speaker in Brisbane or anything like that (though there might be a time for that one day, down the track, into the future, etc and so forth).

No, this is a much simpler issue. The physical location of my office. 

I think, dear reader, you'd be well aware that I enjoy my view: the movement, the colour, the light. I think, dear reader, you'd also be fairly aware that I really really appreciate the office view, and in the greatest traditions of Virginia Woolf, I too shall enjoy the pleasure of writing...and watching. 

And looking for Jeffrey-Smartesque landscapes like these...to the East...

Warehouses

Drums

Setting sail, evening light


No, it was simply a case that by the time the sun began to set, on the other side of the building, over in the West...I simply found the colour and light breathtaking.

Sunset @ 6.25pm

Sunset @ 6.40pm


Enough to change sides? Hmm, probably not but stunning nonetheless. 

I do expect, as winter rolls in, that a sunrise or two might not be entirely out of the question later in the year. I'll keep you 'posted'.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 3.56pm, 4.55pm, 6.08pm; iPhone 6S, 6.25pm, 6.40pm; 6 July 2016]