Friday 15 July 2016

Day 197 2016: When in amongst the ordinary...

Day 197: ...the most extraordinary things can happen

I am back on the election trail. Well, actually, I haven't really left it. No time. No sooner have we sorted the Australian and Japanese elections, we now have the Tokyo Governorship up for grabs. And it is a very interesting race. So I thought this morning. 

Yesterday was the day for declarations of candidates, and posters could go up on the local neighbourhood boards. Excellent, I thought...here's a very interesting example: 

All to herself (in fact 21 candidates have registered)

Tokyo's next governor?

Just one candidate at the moment, Koike Yuriko, who stands a bit of a chance. How interesting I thought, and off to work went I. 

Until I looked up and noticed a couple of birds on the wire...a green tinge and I laughed thinking they looked a bit like my lorikeets at home. 

Hang on, I looked a bit closer...there were about eight or nine in total, flying around just like the loris at home. 

Exhibit A and Exhibit B dear reader...



So, there were these birds...

Looks like...?

...tell me I wasn't dreaming.

I'd like to think they'd escaped from the exotic bird shop up the road...

Well, that was odd enough, until I got to work. 

Exhibit C: 

Well, this looks interesting
What do you do when you think you see a huge waterslide outside your office?

You watch it with interest...

Waterslide and umbrella...what a day for the rain to come

Cleaning, testing

Someone decided to give it a test run
Apparently it is part of a music/youth festival in the area tomorrow...just when I was planning to go to the office too.

It might have been Friday, it might have been an ordinary day, but sometimes the most extraordinary things can happen. 

I'm still sitting here in wonder. Just a little bit. 

[Camera : iPhone 6S, 6.54am, Lumix TZ-85, 6.56am-6.57am, 12.22pm-12.23pm, 2.56pm, 5.48pm; 15 July 2016]