Saturday 16 July 2016

Day 198 2016: Straight to Plan B...

Day 198: ...the streets of my town

So yes, there was a plan A, to head to the office to finish off a piece about recent and forthcoming elections. It would have meant leaving home about 9.30am...there was a change in a plan as a result of a change in someone else's plan which meant I was still at home at 2.00pm-ish. 

I did venture down the train track to attend to a couple of errands and on the way home I thought that a little intro to the streets of my town might be in order for you dear reader. 

Just a few snaps walking home from the bus stop...

Our 'main' road was just recently resurfaced

This is where the morning bus to work approaches from...

And this is the road I cross to head home

Whereupon, I pass this ivy on this wall...

And these abandoned sunflowers in this abandoned garden in what I gather is an abandoned house...

And update on yesterday's poster board, three more candidates

Random floral

Wisteria root


It is a comfortable little suburb with just enough going on to be interesting. I first lived in the area back in my original exchange student days, c. 1984-5. It has changed a bit since then.

Tomorrow, I'm back on the trail of electoral candidates, weather permitting...

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 6.38pm-6.45pm; 16 July 2016]

*An update on yesterday's lori: a type of parakeet apparently, likely descendants of a breed introduced to Tokyo from Sri Lanka in the 1960s as an exotic pet. As fads go, it soon faded and there are apparently several hundred flocking around in the city. At least I wasn't imagining it.