Sunday 24 July 2016

Day 204 2016: Blink...

Day 204: ...and you'll miss it

Small details. That seemed to define today. Small details, and changing plans. Two things, no three things, should have happened today: a finished and delivered article, a sorted seminar group and attendance at a study group at my former university.

Just one of those things happened as planned. Well, I guess the day can unfold like that. And if I told you that the seminar planning meeting happened at the time I should have been at the study group and I'll probably be back in the office tomorrow to finish, actually finish, the article, well dear reader, you can guess which part of the plan worked...

So I'm glad I spotted some floral exhibits on the way to the bus stop this morning. The canna continues to offer up new blooms each morning...

A few raindrops


And this one. I'm not sure what it is but it was one of those quick shots taken just as the bus was pulling up (under the peering eyes of passengers wondering what I was doing)...

Tiny flowers, fine webs

I didn't notice the detail of the webs until afterwards. Maybe I blinked with the shutter.

Then a small spider on the window sill caught my eye.

Flitting around


And a very small boat on the port. I also missed that too.

Back to port


Let's face it, I almost missed the entire day because all these other things happened that weren't part of the original plan. I must try better tomorrow.

[Camera : iPhone 6S, 9.05am, 9.07am; Lumix TZ-85, 4.39pm, 4.44pm; 22 July 2016]