Sunday 24 July 2016

Day 205 2016: A day in the office...

Day 205: ...some things never change

Saturday. I'm in the office. Partly for technical reasons (internet access) and partly because of yesterday's unfinished business. It is the first Saturday I've so come into work since I've been here. It is not something I particularly like to do if I can avoid it but it might be part of some future plans as I close in on completing a couple of book manuscripts. 

It's actually not too bad really. it is quiet and I can get quite a good deal of work done. Let's face it, what else am I going to do over the next five years but teach, research and write. That's the big, overarching plan anyway.

So interesting to see that the port keeps on porting on a Saturday too, not that I expected anything less.  

Water under the bridge

Heading out

Clouds over the bridge

And I completed and sent the article (a short analysis of the elections). Finally. So there was a reward at the end of the day.

One must eat...


Work-->reward. Some things never change.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 1.24pm, 2.44pm, 4.37pm; iPhone 6S, 6.59pm; 23 July 2016]