Monday 1 August 2016

Day 214 2016: Orchestral manoeuvres...

Day 214: ...portside

I wasn't paying much attention to the port today. Well, OK, maybe I did a bit, but maybe not as much as usual...I'm digging a deeper hole for myself here aren't I. I don't spend all my time looking out the window.

But when I do, I like to think of it as searching for inspiration as I think and write and plan the next class, the next meeting, the next paper.

And today, even I was taken aback, as a regular portside observer, by a particular 'parking' move I watched on the water...

Not sure who gets right of way here...

Or whether one ship pinced the other ship's berth

But it managed to squeeze between the two

And imagine being in a tiny tiny watercraft as all this was going on...these guys didn't. 

Courage

Quite amazing day really. The weather too was just like home: rain, sun, cloud build up. The whole kit and kaboodle. 

Bit of a sudden downpour

Building up again

And a flower by the bus stop, just thinking it might get away without being noticed. 

Just sneaking through the fence


Not likely, from one who likes to observe. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 11.15am-11.21am, 12.35pm, 4.29pm; iPhone 6S, 8.52am; 1 August 2016]