Friday 2 September 2016

Day 246 2016: I saw the light...

Day 246: ...then I discovered the source

Friday. The new semester approaches. I have articles to complete, classes to prepare...and then it happened. 

I saw the light. Quite literally. 

As a photographer of sorts, even as amateurish as I am, I notice the light. I see it where I expect it. Sometimes I look for it where I think it might not be, or it might have an interesting photographic effect. 

Today, at a particular point in time, I suddenly became conscious of light where it shouldn't have been.


A new light...
Behind me. Across the cabinet. It looked like sunset light, perhaps sunrise light but it was a completely unexpected light. 

I looked for and found the source:

...and its source
 There is a water museum on the block adjoining the university and there are some interesting structures around the place. This is one of them. I can only imagine it is a spot where the autumnal sun will strike over the next few weeks...

I'll keep watching. 

And I'll keep watching the port, I can't help myself. The  colour, the light, the grey...


The grey swallowed the bridge

My favourite splash of yellow on blue

Seeing the light, it's part of the day job but it is also a key part of this hobby.

How my neighbour explains his hobby, I'm not sure...on the way to the bus stop this morning...

Bamboo grove of intrigue


...his WW2 surplus jeeps make quite the picture among the bamboo. I'm yet to see the light  on this one. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.25pm, 2.34pm, 3.34pm; iPhone 6S, 10.18am; 2 September 2016]