Wednesday 7 September 2016

Day 250 2016: We know ships like passing in the night...

Day 250: ...this is how they pass in the day...

I work near a dock (as you, dear reader, will be more than aware). So it is kind of interesting that yesterday's compulsory, employer-required medical is known as a 'human-dock', I've always imagined patients being hauled in for the once-over in a medical dry-dock, just like big boats are o a regular basis. I had that image in mind and I guess it has a bit to do with the view outside the window too. 

Too many metaphors, not enough work I hear you say...

Well true, except for a few minutes today where I caught the delicate dance of the dockers. It has been rather quiet the last few days so I was a little intrigued, enough to take a break from my work (new class preparation) to watch the waterside manoeuvres ...

Working port

Many clouds, one sky

Reverse gear

Backing out

Spinning the wheel

Way in...way out

Pass

Spinning the wheel 2

Backing it in

Almost done



All done in a matter of minutes and then we all proceeded to continue on our way with our various jobs. That's just how things are when you sit (and work) near a dock on the Bay. 


Sun sets over the Rainbow Bridge


And the sun setting tells you it is about time to head home.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.11pm, 2.59pm-3.11pm; iPhone 6S 6.17pm; 6 September 2016]