Monday 12 September 2016

Day 256 2016: Feeling calm on the outside...

Day 256: ...while trying not to be left in the wake

Yes, it is countdown time to semester two. It starts Friday. Yes, Friday. There is a complicated mathematical formula to account for public holidays between now and the end of January.

So I am trying calmly make final preparations before the 'storm'. My lecture course on Peace Studies has almost doubled in numbers in the last week requiring a larger classroom and now some adjustments to how I had planned to present the content.

Other classes are increasing too. I guess that is a good, if unexpected, thing.

I also don't know what the port was trying to tell me today when each time I glanced up from my work, there seemed to be boats in each others wake, or pressing on under great pressure...


Little tug left in the wake...

...of the 'Celebrity Cruise' (no, I don't know either)

Pressing through heavy head waters...

...leaving nothing in its wake

Occasionally there seemed to be something calming in the skies...


Just a hint of sunlight

Over the bridge and far away


Seemed to sum up the tension between calm and anticipation that approaches as the new term looms. Let's see how it all goes.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 4.07pm-4.09pm, 4.35pm; 12 September 2016]