Saturday 1 October 2016

Day 275 2016: A Smart move...

Day 275: ...time to get stuck into it

It is October. It is also six months since I formally started in my new job. And although Autumn hints at turning over new leaves and so forth (or is that the preserve of Spring?), that wasn't the reason I found myself at work again today. Well, it was, sort of, but I'm trying something new. 

I had a thought that alternating Saturdays between the office and the library (for research purposes) might help me give my writing a good kick along. It would be folly to not take advantage of this opportunity. 

It would also be folly to not try and take new paths home from time to time. Which is what I also did today. Instead of heading to the train station along the normal everyday path, I went around behind the uni, closer to that 2D favourite building of mine, and back over the river in the other direction. 

It is part of a large refuse station

The wall

The wheel peeks through

Growing taller

A walk in the park

Under the freeway

Curvy wheel

Reflected freeway

A long way to the top, with street lamp

Is it a spaceship? 

Wheel as web

A little softness in the urban 

Over the river

In the river

Antique 

To the [other] train station


While my photography was originally inspired by the likes of Max Dupain and Olive Cotton, I have also long been a fan of Jeffrey Smart, Australian urban landscape artist. Whenever I see a freeway, I think Smart. 

It was a good walk, despite the overcast and slightly damp weather. I should get out (and about) more often. 

Oh, and the work work was reasonably productive too, for a few hours in the office, on a Saturday. It could become a habit. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 4.50pm-5.14pm; 1 October 2016]