Sunday 2 October 2016

Day 276 2016: I went to the Palace...

Day 276: ...and I got butterflies

No, really. In my continuing adventures of getting out and about on Sundays, I decided I might as well begin at the beginning, as it were. Right at the centre of Tokyo. Well, more or less. I decided to go to the grounds surrounding the Imperial Palace. Now the grounds are quite large and I wasn't planning to cover it all, just the section closest to the nearest station on my closest subway line. 

It is known as the Hanzomon gate and of course we couldn't get anywhere near it but...

The joy of Sunday walking

Sunstruck pine

Hanzomon Gate

Casting shadows

Tree trunk

Through the fence

Butterfly 1

Carrying the weight of pigeons on one's shoulders

Palace wall

Reflecting

Palace wall, on reflection

Re-moat-ly
...instead, I got distracted by other things in and around the most. And the gardens.

Butterflies. I was quite taken by the butterflies flying around. 

And then, along came...

...the butterflies

And they flew...
And landed 


And headed off again

And there were dragonflies

The walk home

Lots of exercise, lots of pics. Lots of interesting things to see. Can't wait until next Sunday. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 70-300mm, 1.43pm-2.56pm; 2 October 2016]