Thursday 6 October 2016

Day 277 2016: Things be turned around...

Day 277: ...it is easier than you think

Today as I walked to the bus stop I realised I didn't have the little cam in my bag. It was in the other bag, the camera bag, nestled in with the big cam after I took it out yesterday. I could have turned around, walked back around the corner and unlocked the front gate, the front door, etc etc. But...I had a bus to catch and and early class.

So, a day with the phone cam instead. We're quite fortunate these days that cams for amateurs like me come in all shapes, sizes and conveniences. 

Thus, I pressed on. 

And it was a fairly ordinary day in the end. Clouds moving in and about, business at the port as usual. 

There's a bit of a typhoon about

Wheely cloudy


And then, just when I was thinking the bigger cam would have been handy, the ship that came in a couple of weeks ago was preparing to leave the port...

Moving in

Spinning around

That way, that way

And with a nudge, on your way


...so that's how they did it. Easier to turn around a big boat than you think. 

And to finish off, and intriguing monotone finish to the afternoon...

Strange colour and light 


...no, not my class, the port. An eerie light.

So, phone cam day. Not bad. But maybe I should have turned around this morning after all. 

[Camera : iPhone6S, 12.51pm, 2.10pm-2.18pm, 4.02pm; 3 October 2016]