Thursday 6 October 2016

Day 278 2016: Stay calm...

Day 278: ...fly low

I sometimes stop to think about how much of my life has been dominated by timetables, clear directions on where to be, when to be there and what to do when you get there. I've been on both sides of the timetable too, as teacher and student. And it is funny how each new term's timetable becomes the norm very quickly. 

I'm presently on an eight-week term, 16-week timetable. Yes, tricky, but I have finally worked out how the two go together.

The present configuration has me fronting classes at 9.00am three times a week. Not bad but it also means I can't quite strategically avoid the early morning train crush that is the subway.

Still, there are sights to be seen in the early morning. 

Morning clouds

Not rolling, just gathering


And I have my view to return to when the teaching is done. 

Calm after the early class

Reflect on that 

The port probably has a bit of a timetable too

And in a puff of smoke...

Birds: staying calm, flying low

And moving on

And then this ripple just grew and grew


There's always something out there to make me appreciate the day, early scheduling notwithstanding. 

[Camera : iPhone6S, 6.04am, 7.43am; Lumix TZ-85, 3.49pm, 3.51pm, 4.20pm, 5.01pm-5.05pm; 4 October 2016]