Saturday 8 October 2016

Day 281 2016: That 'sort of' holiday feeling...

Day 281: ...when you take the long way home

Last classes for a week today. Next week, we get all the public holidays we've worked over the last few weeks grouped into one week. Well, Tues, Wed, Thurs at least. Monday is also an actual public holiday, but there are classes...

Suitably confused? Yeah, nah. Students are, like students everywhere, pleased to not have classes. Part of the reason is the big uni festival at the end of next week wherein students show off their extra-curricular activities--sort of the student version of an Open Day.

Nonetheless, today's classes proceeded apace and I had plenty to keep me busy the rest of the day. Like a typical academic, I'll be using next week's non-teaching days to get more work done. I really need to take the class on 'Holidays 101'...

I came close to 'getting it' though on the walk to the state this evening. Instead of the usual route, I turned right at the top gate, into the bright lights and big wheels of Odaiba...

Approaching Odaiba

Light tree

Over the bridge

Through the posts

Emergency vehicle getting through traffic on the bridge

Dazzling lights

Through the trees

Flowers by night


And at the end of the walk, I realised I should actually hop on the wheel one day/night, and go for a ride instead of just walking past it all the time and enjoying its photogenic qualities. Now that's getting the holiday spirit isn't it. Isn't it?

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 5.41pm-5.55pm; 7 October 2016]