Sunday 9 October 2016

Day 283 2016: Out and about Sundays...

Day 283: ...no. 2 in a series

Well, I hope it is a series. So far, two Sundays out of two of getting out and about, quite deliberately to see what I can find at the end of the rail line. It was a little rather overcast after such stunning colours in the sunrise but today I opted for one of the main Tokyo parks, Ueno Park. Reasonably close to home, about 40 minutes by a bus and two trains. 

It was fairly crowded. There was a ceramics market, tempting but I am trying to be minimalist in my consumption...and the usual crowds around the zoo. Quite a few more busking types than I remember seeing previously but all adding a certain atmosphere. 

And there were pokemon-types. I thought that was done and dusted. But apparently not.

It is also 'between seasons' when it comes to the plants and flowers. Not a lot there, though I was taken by the wilting and fading lotus garden. I was here a few years ago at peak flower time but today had its interest as well I think, photographically-speaking. 

Good morning Tokyo 

Sun fire

Fighting a balloon

Moss

The 'monster' lantern 

Top of the stairs

Lotus

Lotus reflected

Hooded

Floating

Fading

Laid back

Woody

Fading fast

Macro one

Macro moss

Macro bark

Macro in close

Macro in pink

Petals I

Petals II

Petals III

Petals IV

Macro swirls

Macro leaves


It was also a chance to try out the new appendage, a macro lens, especially for those flower and butterfly close-ups. Alas, no butterflies. But a few flowers to try out. This will be interesting. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 5. 38am; Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 70-300mm, 100mm macro, 3.18pm-4.58pm; 9 October 2016]