Saturday 22 October 2016

Day 295 2016: A kind of rinse and repeat day...

Day 295: ...all the sparkles

We've finally reached Friday, not that that means much in the average work week of an average academic. We know tomorrow is just another teaching-free day to get on with the work that stillness to be done. 

Nonetheless, it was the sparkly brilliance of the sun on the water that mostly caught my eye today. It is an effect I really like on the ocean at home when I'm passing by early enough in the day. 

It is the light and clarity I so enjoy trying to capture on film, or its digital substitute in the 21st century.

Picture perfect clouds

All the sparkles

Sparkly sparkly

Into the sparkles


Dare I say, I'm kinda looking forward to the next few months getting to work early and seeing the effect of the sunlight on the water early on in the light of day...dare I suggest, I might even manage a sunrise sort of morning one day...

No promises but you never know.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 7.55am, 8.33am, 9.01am; 21 October 2016]