Saturday 22 October 2016

Day 296 2016: Underground...

Day 296: ...because I spend a fair bit of time there

Saturday. I decided to have a day away from the office and instead head to one of my favourite little coffee shops, Bun Coffee in Ichigaya. It is a bit of a train ride away but they serve up Byron Bay coffee in the best Australian style. 

They also do an affogato with a delicious twist: fruit and nuts at the bottom of the cup, then ice cream then coffee. I figure the fruits and nuts qualify it for health food. 

As a nice little coffee shop, I was able to get a little bit of work/writing done too, in that faux-romantic ideal of writing a bestseller in a coffee shop. One day.

Coffee break

Heading back to the train station, I realised that although I have the best office view in Tokyo, I also spend quite a bit of time underground each day. I recall the complexities of the underground world quite perplexed me as a new resident in Tokyo thirty years ago. But now, I take them for granted. 

Not so much for granted that the space is not worth photographing. 

On the way to the station...


Approach to the gates

Down the escalator

Waiting for the train

It is here...

Going through...

Slowing down...

Passenger exchange


I suppose too, I'm trying to break through my camera-shyness barrier to start taking a different sort of photograph, Tokyo and its people and every day life. Takes a bit more courage than a chance shot outside the office window. But I'm willing to give it a shot.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 3.45pm-3.52pm; iPhone 6S, 2.43pm; 22 October 2016]