Thursday 27 October 2016

Day 301 2016: When the most ordinary of days...

Day 301: ...present the most extraordinary things

If we were all still happy after yesterday's effort (and, indeed, there was a report-back to our faculty colleagues this evening), then the day unwound in a most interesting way. 

Of course, dear reader, you are by now all too familiar with my port obsessions, the comings and goings, the light, the colour, the movement. It intrigues me as much as the beach at home, and helps to improve my powers of observation, required in my line of work. 

And so it started off all quite properly, a stunning sparkle on the surface...


Bokeh surface
But then, and as someone who earns part of my living observing Japanese defence and related operations, you can imagine my surprise to observe a Coast Guard ship doing, well, how shall I describe this...if if were a ute on a road, we'd say they were doing donuts; but this ship spent quite some time just going around and around and around...

Heading in one direction

Change of heart

Spin it

...with reverse pike

And back again

Backing up...

Straight, forward

Nah, this way

so much energy, so little forward movement 
 In retrospect, it probably doesn't make much of a photo essay but this is something I shall make a note of and store for later. Hmm. 

Just as well the day looked up, photographically-speaking, when I spied a bridal party off in search of a photo opportunity...


Not quite Abbey Road

On the other hand...

In search of...?

...completely unawares they were being observed...(I suspect).

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 11.34am, 11.56am-1.07pm, 2.06pm; 27 October 2016]