Sunday 30 October 2016

Day 304 2016: Photography for beginners...

Day 304: ...the card, the card, don't leave home without it

...or at least a spare.

Today almost didn't happen dear reader. Not just because staying in bed and reading seemed like the right option at 11.00am, but because of lack of due preparation before the trip. Amateurish stuff really, photography for beginners. 

You see, I reached my chosen destination park as expected. I had my camera bag with lenses. As expected. I decided to leave the little cam at home, to give it a rest. 

Took the first pic: error message...fixed with a simple reloading. And then I saw it: 2 shots left! Gah! And no spare in the kit. I can't explain the no spare in the kit bit except stupidity. 

However, lucky we are in the age of the digital. I deleted enough pics I no longer needed or wanted to have enough on the card for today. Phew. 

Today's park is Shinrin Koen, at pretty much the other end of the line of another train, quite in the opposite direction of Yokohama a couple of weeks ago. It is in Saitama Prefecture, just next door to Tokyo. I used to travel out here as an undergraduate student to attend class on campus at the next station, but I'd never quite made it to the park. 

A bit of a turn in the leaves

Japanese garden, one view

Bark

Fungi

Another view of the Japanese garden

More leaves for turning

DUCKS!

More ducks

Five ducks a'swimming

The train, the train

Reflective

A little more colour

Just in case drowning, not waving

Open plain tree

Part of a display of tiles with hopes and dreams, c. 1988 

Plain, trees, rocks

It is quite a large one, I managed to cover perhaps just a quarter of it. All the more reason to head out again some other time. 


Web, moss

From a height 

At a distance

Rosy red

Bird

More turning

Fountain, of course 

Colour in the sky

Outside the park

Some colours of Autumn 


There was of course a time I well remember, being of the age, where one might have headed out with three or four rolls of film and hoped for the best a few days later. Not so these days. And I, for one, as a very keen but still rank amateur, am very glad for that. 

I have card shopping on the list of things to do tomorrow. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 70-300mm, 2.09pm-4.18pm; 30 October 2016]