Monday 31 October 2016

Day 305 2016: No tricks here...

Day 305: ...just the usual treats

Well, at least I think so. Every day I come to work, every day I look out the window, and every day I marvel at my good fortune to have very much a room with a view. And while for you, dear reader, the view might be getting a bit repetitive, for me, I enjoy the occasional glance out the window at the workings of the port. 

It fascinates me. And if that makes for a boring post or three, well, sorry. But...

Every day is the same but different. And today, two ships decided to sidle up to the port or away with rather tricky sideways movements. 

Pushing away

Steering right

Moving ahead

A complex of ripples

Low load

Coming around

Roped in

A touch of pumpkin sky

My one nod to the fact that today is a pumpkin-themed celebration of life and death in other parts of the world was a bread roll at the bakery on the way home. 

Happy Hallowe'en

It'll do me (although Hallowe'en has really taken off here in Japan as a dress-up festival...amazing really).

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 11.24am-12.15pm, 1.05pm-1.12pm, 4.20pm; iPhone 6s 10.23pm; 31 October 2016]