Saturday 12 November 2016

Day 317 2016: Just another (Saturday)...

Day 317: ...at the office

So yes, it is busy at the moment. On the other hand, all my research materials are in the office. At work. All the way at the end of the subway line. Research is the stuff we do when we're not teaching and right now, I am in the sorting, compiling, analysing phase of writing two or three books, a couple of presentations (coming up soon), three conference papers and half a dozen articles. And that's just between now and February. 

Then, I find 'new' projects and it all starts again. Or continues or something. 

Anyway, I have an office with the nicest view so why not spend a Saturday there, watching the Saturday world (running, weddings, ships in the night afternoon). 

Witch's hat: sure sign of runners

And yes, here they come

As the clouds cleared over the tower

And the wedding balloons headed north

Runners kept running

And the moon was looking like a balloon too

Above the horizon

Of course, there is all the marking and exam setting and marking to come next week, (did I mention marking?) but today I really made myself focus on the research side of things. It was just another (day) at the office. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.05pm, 12.21pm, 12.52pm, 1.33pm, 4.29pm; 12 November 2016]