Tuesday 15 November 2016

Day 320 2016: Countdown to normality returning...

Day 320: ...or 'retiring' even

(Since that is what the computer's autocorrect decided is what I meant.) 

The third term is in its final week. That means this morning's early rise was the second last one I'll have to do. There is just tomorrow now and then it is back to a reasonable start to the working day from next week. 

Just in time for the wintery cold to set in. 

I'd still like to be in early enough one morning to get a mid-winter sunrise though. I haven't ruled out early starts entirely (although after a seeming working lifetime of them I don't see how I could stop quite frankly...). 

So between the last early morning classes and the evening's eventual departure, it was business as usual down on the port. The weather finally cleared. The leaves are falling from the trees. I've even decided there's a good reason to be observing boats quite closely. You see, the port is part of the Olympic precinct and right now there is a lot of to-ing and fro-ing over facilities in various states of construction. 

Who knows, the passengers these small boats with the flashing lights just might be the Governor and her colleagues inspecting the area. 

I shall keep my eyes and lenses peeled. 

Fallen leaves in the quad

Important persons, perhaps

Important pigeons, perhaps

Cleaning the reflection

All the hands on all the decks

Moon this evening 


And although we missed the supermoon last night, it did appear a little later tonight, from behind the clouds with just enough vapour around to give it some feeling. 

Last early start tomorrow. But I'm not gloating about it. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 8.01am, 10.16am-10.22am, 1.30pm, 7.24pm; 15 November 2016]