Wednesday 16 November 2016

Day 321 2016: It was, as predicted...

Day 321: ...all about the light

Yes, something of a moment: last early class for a term or two. That's nice. Not that I mind getting up early, I am used to it after all. But just having that extra hour or so each morning for preparing and thinking about the classes ahead will be nice. 

Today was the first exam I've had to set and supervise in Japan, in a long long time. Actually, it is a long time for anywhere. I didn't set exams as such in my previous courses in Australia so really, this was a bit of returning to first principles for me. 

So instead of a full lecture, most of the morning was taken up with the exam. 

And now for the marking. 

Good (or rather, bad) thing I've got the views to go with the long and winding road ahead. 

Autumn in the neighbourhood

Sunlight on industry

Over the bridge and far away

Some days, still waters 

Sweeping the quad

All the shipping moves


Marking isn't any better when it is in another language. There must be another way to help students get through their tertiary years...

One day, someone, somewhere, will see the light. I'll do my best.

[Camera : iPhone 6S, 6.28am; Lumix TZ-85, 8.20am, 12.22pm, 2.04pm, 3.16pm; 16 November 2016]