Friday 18 November 2016

Day 322 2016: On the line...

Day 322: ...laying low

Last day of term, last round of exams, a little more marking. And a presentation to finalise for Saturday. Oh, and a staff meeting.

Twenty-four hours in a day they say, but sometimes that doesn't seem to be quite enough. And the end of term does seem to have come around quite quickly. The new term starts next Wednesday which means quite a lot to do between now and then, I'll have to lie low for a few days to get all the work that needs to be done, done. 

The first port view of the day seemed to sum that up for me, one of the low-lying barges being drawn through the water. 

Lying low

Traces

Wake-d(?)

Boat on a hot tin roof

Afternoon delivery

On the line


I was also intrigued with the way the wakes of the boats remained today, where yesterday they just disappeared into the stillness. There's a metaphor there for something I'm sure...I'll sleep on it, when I get a chance.

[Camera: Lumix TZ-85, 1.23pm-1.28pm, 4.13pm-4.16pm; 17 November 2016]