Friday 18 November 2016

Day 323 2016: A day of preparations...

Day 323: ...and close calls

Day one of the five day term break and...I'm at work. I have a presentation to make in Osaka tomorrow so I ventured into the office today to continue with the final preparations. 

I wasn't the only one preparing though. While I'm away (for a whole 36 hours or thereabouts), the campus is hosting a bit of a festival to showcase all the student groups and interests. The preparations were well underway under my window. 

Preparations for a festival


I rarely feel completely prepared for any seminar or paper I have to present...there's always something else I could add or subtract or do differently. This one is a bit of a long-running research project and I'm always finding new materials in the archives...

Being ready by 2.00pm tomorrow will be a bit of a close call. Something that was a bit of a theme in today's traffic out of on the water as well. 


on the way...

...to a close call



Moving out...

Close by

Bird spots

Not so close but both yellow

Peak hour on the port

Sunburst

Well, time to do some last minute prep and packing of bags before the morning arrives...otherwise it will be a close call. 

Next stop: Osaka.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.03pm, 1.43pm, 1.56pm, 2.47pm, 2.59pm, 3.13pm, 4.09pm; 18 November 2016]