Sunday 20 November 2016

Day 324 2016: Meanwhile, elsewhere...

Day 324: ...Toto, we're not in Tokyo anymore

Ah, another early start to reach Tokyo station in time for the shinkansen to Osaka. Of course, it is raining. Joy.

Is my presentation ready? Well, as well as it might be. I still have a few hours before the presentation, provided there is some room on the train. 

Well, actually, there wasn't much room after all. Quite a full load heading down to Osaka as it turned out. So I read instead and, stuck in the middle seat (yes, just like a plane but with more leg room), and rain outside, there weren't really any pic opportunities on the way down.

It took a while to find the venue (some rough maps and closed train station exits and no options) but I arrived in plenty of time. 

While I was waiting, I thought the venue provided an interesting angle or two on Osaka.

Intersection

Circular

Turning right

Spaces

Building opposite

Making tracks

In between 

Trains, trains, trains

Quaint presentation in the hotel


I don't get to Osaka all that often. And there's a bit of a Sydney/Melbourne thing going on as well (where Sydney is Tokyo (i.e. me) and Melbourne is Osaka (i.e. not me)) and all the differences and one-upmanship that goes with that. 

It was OK in the end. But just glad to be only visiting...

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 1.13pm-1.16pm, 8.50pm; 19 November 2016]