Sunday 27 November 2016

Day 331 2016: When work requires...

Day 331: ...loyalty service

The life of an academic involves certain freedoms, use of one's time. If I choose to work at the office on a Saturday because I am writing, I can. If I choose to work at the library on a Saturday because I'm researching, I can...

But occasionally there is a price to be paid. Like today. I went to work, not to 'work' as such (though there is much to do) but because our attendance at a public forum was 'respectfully required'...

Oh well.

I did get a chance for a quick bite at the foodfest (see yesterday Day 330), and on the way home, I tried my hand at a little random 'street' photography, trying to capture the stations and general urbanity. 

Colombian coffee and a beef aleppa, very noice

Panel discussion

KokusaiTenjijoMae, the station nearest the uni

Down the escalator...

...to the platform (where, as you can see, I have just missed the train)

Now, the wait

It's here

And seated

Up the escalator...

Along to the next train

...without stopping at the shop

Through the gates...

Platform 2

Waiting for the bus

...or ride a bike home



I probably need to get out more. 

[Camera : iPhone 6S, 12.41pm, 3.35pm; Lumix TZ-85, 6.30pm-7.51pm; 26 November 2016]