Sunday 4 December 2016

Day 339 2016: Life is like...

Day 339: ...a walk in the park

Well, no, not really. But today, being Sunday, it was officially my walk in a park somewhere day only today it was with friends. As it happens, they planned to go and have lunch at a nearby restaurant and then wander around the park as the sun set and the illumination started. There's a lot of that going on at the moment (see yesterday, day 338). 

And since this was planned a few weeks ago, it is the only reason, dear reader, why I deferred my one-photo-a-day challenge for another month. I expected the lights at this park to be rather impressive and knew I couldn't pick just one. 

The park is called Rikugien, built around 1695-1702, fell into disrepair, restored in the 1870s. 

Starters

Some mains

Entrance 

Colours

A rock and its reflection

Duuuuuucks

The boatshed

Koi (carp)

Tea house

Pond impression

By the light

Bridge

The money shot (if only I could use a tripod)

A bit closer


Certainly, it was very pretty. The only small issue  had was that we couldn't use tripods, for safety reasons (you couldn't use selfie sticks either, and I wouldn't mind a permanent ban on those...). so that meant drawing on all my 'dial M for manual' skills to try and capture the 'light' effects. 

They're OK. The combination of lights on the autumn leaves were quite impressive. Not quite life-changing per se, but a nice enough way to start the week.

OK, Monday, we're on our way.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.48pm, 1.09pm; Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 18-55mm, 70-300mm, 4.08pm-5.23pm; 4 December 2016]