Tuesday 6 December 2016

Day 340 2016: When times flies before your very eyes...

Day 340: ...or you see the very eyes of something else

I am imagining that the novelty of working on the tenth floor of a building overlooking the Bay will wear off soon, after about a year or three...if not, the project blog for the next few years is going to be, shall we say, a bit same, same but different. 

But I must say, at the moment, I am enjoying the opportunity to observe the changes in the seasons. I arrived in spring, worked through summer, noticed things in autumn, and now it is winter. And what has been really stark the last few days, literally, is how quickly the leaves have gone. 

It really stood out today. 

You can almost see right through

The cherry tree had leaves a few days ago

Masts through the haze



And then, while I was sipping a coffee during a thinking moment, I thought I noticed a furrowed brow, tired eyes...

Expressions 


...not my reflection, just one of the hard-working ships preparing to head off with its new load. 

Anchors aweigh 

Well soon...

Should happen about...

...now. But we'll never know



There's a certain rhythm to the port to which I am becoming accustomed and I'm liking it. I reckon in another couple of years I'll be sufficiently used to it to feel like part of the furniture. Well-seasoned. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.56pm-2.59pm, 3.03pm-3.05pm; 5 December 2016]