Friday 16 December 2016

Day 348 2016: Just when I was thinking...

Day 348: ...I should get out more

Here I was, at Shibuya, after work. And unlike every good person who gets themselves to Shibuya, it wasn't so much for the 'fun' per se, but a working dinner to meet some people.

It was a change to the usual routine, I should be pleased about that. Different trains here and there, different views (you will see, dear reader, I resisted photos of the port all day knowing a change of view was imminent), and a pleasant working dinner...

A glimpse of the setting moon early in the morning, through the window

Shibuya lights

Above the crossing

Bar signs

The day started through the window, continued 'through the window'


...it was in in one of those very small eateries, seats/stools for about six around the bar/counter and, in this case, a climb up a rather steep staircase to a small first floor room. It was rather a classic.

And I guess this is the life many ex-pats seek out. It was a glimpse into another world for me, briefly, but I'm not likely to make a habit of it anytime soon.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 4.56am, 6.58pm, 6.59pm, 7.17pm; 13 December 2016]