Tuesday 20 December 2016

Day 355 2016: I tried, I really really tried...

Day 355: ...to get out and about

And I did. Sort of. More or else. The usual early start with classes today but later a meeting with a colleague from my former workplace, visiting Tokyo. That meant I had to go to the station around lunchtime to meet her and bring her back to the campus. 

So, I thought, that will give me a chance to take some lunchtime pics...

...except that there wasn't much to take on the way. So I thought I'd do one of those 'observational studies' at the station, except too many of my students were coming through the gates to make it look a little strange (would they worry I was taking photos of latecomers...?). (Wait, there's an idea...)

So, instead, I opted for the 'well, some of the people who read my blog might never have seen a train station in Japan'-type approach, and made some observations of the building and its surrounds. 

Waiting at the gate

Follow the line

Entry, no entry

If you need a coffee...

Ceiling, eaves and (if you look closely) pigeon deterrent mechanisms 

My odd occasional photographic very odd interest in lines


I will try better tomorrow. Tomorrow there is meeting in a different part of town. No promises, but you never, never know...

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.50pm-12.52pm; 20 December 2016]