Friday 23 December 2016

Day 357 2016: Free as a bird...

Day 357: ...or life as a high wire act

I wasn't sure what to make of all the birds I saw today on high wires and in high places. Was the universe trying to tell me something? Was yesterday's lament about an academic's labour never being done just a little over the top?

I'm probably reading too much into this anyway. Today just happened to be a day where I noticed the birds from first thing this morning outside the window, and throughout the day. 

Morning silhouettes

Two on a wire

Doubled up

Tuning the TV

Interesting patterns on the water's surface...

Briefly...

Colour across the grey

Landed


Of course, the port kept porting, and wheels kept on turning, so really, it was just a sign that the birds too were going about their business in the usual way; flying high sometimes, tripping on high wires other times; and landing on their own two feet at times as well. 

Yes, a bit of the academic life in that I reckon. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 8.03am-8.55am, 11.57am, 2.22pm; 22 December 2016]