Sunday 25 December 2016

Day 360 2016: Are we there yet?

Day 360: ...almost...

Day 360 of a 366-day long project. The second-last milestone. We're almost there. 

In much of the world today it was Xmas Day, as it was here in Tokyo too, sort of. Well, there were lots of decorations, illuminations, Christmas cakes and sell-out Christmas sales. 

I think I allowed myself some Christmas bread this morning in an otherwise ordinary sort of Sunday. As I mentioned yesterday, this is about my fifth or so 25 December in Japan and I generally spend time with people who don't really celebrate it. 

So after a morning of cleaning (in preparation for the New Year), I popped down the road for a few last minute things I have to get before my quick trip home. 

And that's how I spent my day today: a little work, a little shopping, dinner and final preparations for tomorrow's class. 

Camellias are coming

Blue sky for Santa

A plane for when he is running late...

An angle on the decorations

Last of the illuminations at Ikebukuro
Of course, no Christmas Day in Japan is complete without the Colonel in a red suit, and at the end of the day, I managed that much. 


KFC for Christmas

Merry Christmas. 

And what's in store for the last six days of the year...?

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 1.34pm-1.36pm, 3.50pm, 4.35pm, 8.29pm; 25 December 2016, Christmas Day]