Saturday 14 January 2017

Day 13, 13 Jan 2017: The plan was for the neon lights...

Day 13: ...but then, 'the Cloud'

So today there was a vague sort of plan to focus on photograph the night-time neon lights of Shinjuku and surrounds. I was due to meet up with a colleague from my former workplace for dinner and I thought 'well, the blog as had enough of the cool, crisp blue sky sights for a while, let's go all neon'...

...and then, 'the Cloud'.

It just appeared suddenly and I could barely take my eyes off it as it overtook the sky...

Suddenly...

Reflected...

It kept growing

And evolved

And changed colour

Planes kept flying though...

Movement

Almost swallowed whole

Yet, in the distance...

Not a storm, as it turned out...


It is just cold enough at the moment for us to expect snow, and I thought this cloud looked laden with all the world's snowflakes. It didn't snow at the end of the day but for just a few minutes, it looked like it might. 

Fascinating.

Oh, dinner was fine; the neon lights, compared with 'the Cloud', quite mundane.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.59pm-4.37pm; 13 January 2013]