Sunday 22 January 2017

Day 22, 22 Jan 2017: It all comes down to this...

Day 22: ...entrance exams

Getting into university in Japan is considered one of the hardest things high school students will do. But once in...the learning and life skills are comparatively relaxed. 

But those exams. 

Today was the turn of those who want to enter my university to come and sit three one hour exams, ranging across English, maths, social sciences and science. It is akin, I guess to the NSW HSC public exam system, except you choose your uni, then take the exam. This is not the only exam some students will sit. And some take a couple of years or more, until they get to where they want. 

That's a whole other blog topic...

Today, however, a number of my colleagues and I were required on campus to supervise the exams. Which is how I spent my day. Three hour long exams, with breaks, from 10.30am-3.30pm. I really felt for the students. 

So there wasn't a lot to see through a lens lightly today, locked in invigilation as I was.

The early morning sparkles

It was a lovely clear day, outside

And as the sun began to set...

There were some lovely shades of light

And the wheel turned

And the sun set at the end of the corridor



But there was some light, amongst the dark, and hopefully, that's how the students came away from the session today, full of light and praise. I look forward to seeing them in a classroom in the near future. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 9.12am, 4.00pm-4.26pm; 22 January 2017]