Friday 27 January 2017

Day 26, 26 Jan 2017: The finish line is in sight...

Day 26: ...just one of several finish lines really

So this is the teaching finishing line I'm reaching for. It looms next Tuesday. Today was the last class with my seminar group but we have organised an 'end-of-(academic)-year' party for next week. Meanwhile, there remains the preparation and marking for two more classes, Monday and Tuesday. 

Then there is 'the list'...the list of things I have to complete either a) prior to the new academic year starting in April or b) the end of the calendar year.

In the (a) list are things like papers, conferences, fieldwork, grant applications, joining a drumming group, more tai chi and investigating community bands (it can't all be work after all).

The (b) list includes completing two book manuscripts. Must. be. done. before I start the next ones.

So much to write. Speaking of which, I shall be reviving the 'other blog' soon too, now that it is a year since I left my last workplace. More of that later.

There seemed to be a mix of the rush and calm out on the bay today too. 

The construction site moves along

The bridge

Calm

A catch up

Circling

Closing in

Conferring

The one of the left was certainly in a hurry


I guess the portsiders have their series of start and finish lines to deal with too. Of course, being one of the precincts for a number of 2020 Olympic venues, there are quite a few finish lines on their plate too.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 1.08pm-1.09pm, 1.42pm-1.43pm, 3.57pm; 26 January 2017]