Friday 27 January 2017

Day 27, 27 Jan 2017: Gale force winds!

Day 27: ...and 'something' in the works

Good thing I'm going into work tomorrow, Saturday. I'll be able to see what becomes of the structure getting laid out across the promenade this afternoon. I've seen lots of structures come and go over the last ten months, I'll be interested to see what this one is about.

Yes, ten months already. It is one year to the day today since I left my former place of employ and had two months to finish packing and organising to get myself overseas for a medium term sojourn teaching and researching. It is ten months since I started the new job. Ten months of looking out over this excellent view. 

And probably about the tenth time I've been stopped in my tracks, almost sent backwards, by the wind. The weather between home, in the northwest of Tokyo, and work, about thirty kilometres away as a wayward crow might fly, can vary enormously. Today was one of those days. Windy, what!

Something in the pipeline

Chop

Pressing on

A bit bent

Blown away


The smaller boats seemed to struggle through the chop today and the clouds too seemed to be a bit wayward, or at least the contrails appeared to be blown off course. 

Can't wait to see what the day has in store on the promenade tomorrow. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 1.52pm, 3.03pm-3.05pm; 27 January 2017]