Sunday 29 January 2017

Day 29, 29 Jan 2017: When best laid plans...

Day 29: ...can wait for a week day

I wake up most Sundays with a plan to execute a plan, usually dreamt up the night before. Some Sundays I wake up and just think 'slow down' a bit. Today, I had a plan, woke up in time to execute it (if I wanted to) but decided some time between getting up and having breakfast that in fact in two working days I will be timetable-free and I can do things, well, differently. 

Today's plan involved going east, to the coast, where the surfing competition will be held during the Olympics. This is actually part of my research, really. It is about two hours from here. 

When I woke up, the weather wasn't quite as sunny as promised, and then I remembered the timetable-free life coming up and decided that in fact, going places on a weekday would be a lot less crowded than going on a Sunday. Deferred. Just like that.

So I opted for a slow work/reading/thinking day at home. Only to pop out for some shopping and a little wander around the local shrine again...

(Good) wolves at the gate

Roof with tree (will return in spring)

Scarves to warm the spirits 

Wash

Yep, tree gone

Rest awhile

Someone to watch over you

Watching over them

A little bird told me, and me, and me...


Just as the sign said last time, the wasp-infested tree was cut down and a few new year's decorations were still up. I like that it is just there, in the middle of the suburb. A little quiet spot, just a block back from the main road.

This is Tokyo. Just a little corner of it. The surf is not far away.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 3.49pm-3.53pm; 29 January 2017]