Sunday 8 January 2017

Day 6, 6 Jan 2017: And now for the unpacking...

Day 6: ...as the sun sets on the day, the holiday and the rest

Fortunately, I've never been one to suffer jet lag. OK, so the hour's difference between Tokyo and Brisbane is hardly enough to induce jet lag, but even in my travels to conferences in the US, it has never been an issue. 

However, there is something different about a daytime flight after years of the Aust-Japan trips being overnighters. As it is daylight outside all day one expects to work (that is, read, take notes, think, in my case) and yet there is also the natural inclination to sleep because I'm sitting in a plane (something I've always managed to do...

So when I report that today I spent much of the day at home resting and unpacking, I really can't explain why, suffice to say it wasn't jet lag per se, perhaps just a little lingering longer on the last day of the short break...


Sun setting already

Sorting through the gifts for colleagues

Ah, the unpacking


...for soon, very soon, the work resumes. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 4.21pm-4.22pm; 6 January 2017]