Sunday 8 January 2017

Day 8, 8 Jan 2017: A short reacquaintance...

Day 8: ...a day in the office

And so because I didn't go yesterday, and because today, Sunday, is usually my 'visit a local landmark' day, today the 'landmark' had to be the port, from the office window. And that was mainly because I had a fair bit of material to take to the office and on the normally crowded trains of the weekday commuting hours, it would have been nigh on impossible, at least a little inconvenient, to carry a large bag full of things ...

Besides, it was raining and so a visit to a park or similar would have been, well, wet and underwhelming. So what better way to prepare for the working week and the remaining three weeks of the semester than to head into work.

Or so I thought, until I realised, I wonder if the gates will be open...

Ah, the port, in the rain

The wheel offered some colour against the grey

Yes, that is a watermelon in my office now, courtesy of GOMA

Still raining, still tugging


...fortunately they were and I made it to the office just before the rain fell. But unfortunately, it was bucketing down around the time I returned home. Wet AND cold...it really is winter. But the office is ready. And I am ready...three weeks to go, let the countdown begin.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.49pm, 2.50pm, 3.31pm; 8 January 2017]