Monday 6 February 2017

Day 36, 5 Feb 2017: Semester ends...

Day 36: ...bring out the books

Probably not the sort of books you're imagining dear reader. No, today, after yesterday's grand effort, was a day to first of all make notes, edit pics and draft slides for the surfing presentation. Then, get out the books. In this case, these are my rather neglected clarinet studies. I'm yet to replace my beloved bass so I have clarinet junior to play for the time being (not the same really). But I have to keep my hand in. 

So with the weather looking a bit overcast, and after a bit of work, out came the instrument. 

The sun won in the end, it didn't rain after all

More plum blossoms in the garden

Keys to music

Hello old friend


Despite the 'long time between drinks' (well, a couple months really) I did enjoy blowing through a few notes. Soon enough, I'll find myself a group and get back into the game properly. 

That would be after, before or in between teaching, researching, writing books and discovering the history of surfing...not necessarily in that order. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.09pm-2.30pm, 5.19pm-5.21pm; 5 February 2017]