Friday 10 February 2017

Day 41, 10 Feb 2017: Secret bird business...

Day 41: ...or so it seemed

And more snow! I'm not sure what gets an expat Queenslander more excited: the glorious colours of autumn, or snow--falling from the sky, landing and settling on the ground and surrounds. 

I think I'm more excited by the snow. As long as I'm inside looking out, rather than trying to navigate through it. 

But another rare sight this morning that almost reminded me of home, but without the colour: 

Birds. Lots of them in the tree on the way to work. 

You could hear them from a distance

Lots of them...

Chatting away


And then the rest of the day was taken up with low-lying clouds which, as it turned out, turned into snow, for little moments throughout the day. Bit cold. 

Then the clouds...

Darkening

Low-level

Low-flying

Then snow 8trust me, I was there...)

Really, it was

Precipitation over the port


There aren't many people in the corridors at the moment, what with classes finished and grades submitted...perfect time for the research projects to proceed apace. Until we too all flock together at our respective conferences soon to talk all about all the things we need to talk about. 

I'll probably mention the snow.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.23pm-12.24pm, 1.43pm-2.00pm, 3.14pm, 4.05pm; 10 February 2017]