Wednesday 15 February 2017

Day 46, 15 Feb 2017: Without a timetable...

Day 46: ...it feels like you are pulled in all directions

I hesitate to say it but days with timetables are better than day without. I think. Or, it could be that a group of us at the university are so preoccupied with tomorrow's symposium, and the smooth running thereof, that all else seems to pass us by. 

Such was today. Even when I went to get lunch, I bumped into a colleague who was purchasing some materials to make some signs and badges...

At one stage, we had a fairly lengthy meeting going over the fine details and the running sheet and although it only took about 90 minutes, it felt like much of the day was devoted to it. 

Coincidentally, I looked out the window at one stage only to see the barges being pulled in different directions. I knew immediately it was going to be today's metaphor. 

Winter's quad, no. 2 in a series

Barging

...in all directions

The little tug that could

Sunset colours 


That was the whole day. And then my favourite little yellow 'I think I can' tug turned up just in time to remind us all that after tomorrow, we can get back to that work we do in between all the other work we have to do.

And then the sun set, on another day. Until tomorrow.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 1.37pm, 2.31pm-2.34pm, 5.18pm; 15 February 2017]