Friday 17 February 2017

Day 47, 16 Feb 2017: Ninety minutes ...

Day 47: ...that have been six weeks in the making

Some time late last year, one of the research institutes at the university decided to hold a symposium in February. At first, I was on the periphery...could I introduce someone from Australia who could speak to the topic? Sure, no problem. A few emails and it was done.

But gradually, as the event approached, I was drawn to the centre like a twig in a whirlpool. It seems to have consumed much of my time over the last few weeks but today it finally happened. I went from being a mere contact person to MC.  

That meant a lot more preparation than merely turning up on the day as an interested observer...

Future uni students

Keynote

Audience


MC/Timekeeper

Evening colours

'Cranes and planes'


Anyway, now it is done, I'm hoping I might be able to bunker down in my research cave for the next six weeks or so. At least.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.21pm, 3.18pm-3.21pm, 5.05pm; 16 February 2017]