Sunday 19 February 2017

Day 50, 19 Feb 2017: Working on a macro level...

Day 50: ...for blooming results

Well, almost. I did have plans to go and inspect the surf coast again today but strong cold winds suggested the 2.5 hours trip each way might be just a tad futile. I'll hold over for another day. 

I did think, about 4.00pm, after a day of catch-up reading and sitting in the sun out of the wind that it might be worthwhile testing out the macro lens. Full-on spring will be here before we know it and the plum blossoms in the park at present make for an excellent opportunity to practice. 

Branch buds

Soloist

Stamens

Petals

Out there

Looking up

Plum not a plum

Stand out

Three's a ...crowd

Out of place, place of my own

Branched


It is taking a little getting used to though. I'm not entirely happy with all the results but I am working it out along the way. Photography, as a hobby, can be like that. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, EF 100mm f2.8 Macro, 4.51pm-5.00pm; 19 February 2017]