Thursday 23 February 2017

Day 53, 22 Feb 2017: Planes, trains and...

Day 53: ...well, planes

While I do seem to spend a bit of time observing (and photographing) the movement on the water outside my office, we also happen to be situated rather near the major Tokyo airport at Haneda. There are probably more moments in the air than on the water in any given moment too. Indeed, as I was contemplating a concluding paragraph for a piece I'm presently working on, it seemed to be peak hour at the airport...

Coming in 

No, not a plane, just a picture

Plane with cloud features

Wheels down

They just keep on coming through


...along with the original (and perhaps best) aerodynamically-gifted creatures.

Position

Better position, watching the planes?


And the planes today probably caught my attention because I'll be on one of them again soon, heading home for a break, a conference and a catch up with everyone. But I'll be leaving from the other 'Tokyo' airport, the one out in Chiba, actually...

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.30pm-2.39pm; 22 February 2017]