Wednesday 8 March 2017

Day 66, 7 Mar 2017: A last look...

Day 66: ...for a couple of weeks

In at work today to finalise those last few things one must to before leaving the office for a couple of weeks. This time next week I'll be presenting my paper on Japanese surfing at a symposium on the Gold Coast. I still shake my head at the prospect: childhood growing up on the Gold Coast, surfing as much as possible, learning Japanese at the local high school and now back, just down the road from said high school, presenting a paper on Japanese surfing...

Today on twitter I saw mention of the idea of a 'virtuous circle'...I kind I like that (rather than its cousin the 'vicious circle'), and although my circle--returning to the Coast for this conference--is not quite virtuous, it is certainly not vicious. Very circular.

So today was just about taking in the sights for one last time before leaving. From the wide-angle expanse...to the busy-ness in the detail. Kind of how a paper at a symposium should work.

The big picture

The quirky sights

The busy sights

The solitary sights

The finale


And right on time, at 3.00pm, as forecast, it rained for an hour, then stopped, leaving us with some rich colour at the sun set through the clouds. 

See you in a couple of weeks port...

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.21pm-2.26pm, 4.53pm, 5.36pm; 7 March 2017]