Friday 10 March 2017

Day 69, 10 Mar 2017: It's the light...

Day 69: ...it's always about the light, and dark...

First full day back home and there is something you notice instantly: it is the light. The way the light struck the spiderwebs this morning, or the water in the pool this afternoon...

spider in the morning

Light and shadow

spider in the afternoon


I didn't get too far today for although technically I'm on something of a holiday, not-so-technically, I am also at work. With a conference paper due next week I'm up to the final tweaks and fine details. So that was most of the day today, preparation because academics rarely know how to do holidays properly. 

Towards the end of the day, a rising moon and the passing fruit bats provided an interesting end to the day.

And then they came...

Across the moon
Solo

Bats. Batty. I hope the paper doesn't end up as batty. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 7.09am, 3.04pm, 6.15pm-6.16pm; 10 March 2017]