Sunday 12 March 2017

Day 71, 12 Mar 2017: Back to Bris...

Day 71: ...a touch of the familiar

What do best friends do when you get a chance to catch up all over again after three months. Go shopping of course. And we did...

I do have quite specific shopping requirements each trip home, specific items I can't get in Japan. Today I was seeking out a specific piece of surf equipment which, ironically, I couldn't get on the Gold Coast yesterday. 

So, shopping, eating, chatting, generally catching up. Excellent day and a few familiar sights. 

Fish and chips, of course

If you know Brisbane, you know this place...

Capturing all that is Bris: tradition, modern, public art
Another angle

Fig / fence


And the equipment? A bit old school, a hand fin for body surfing. Somehow I think that's going to be more useful than a board for my surfing exploits back in Tokyo. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 12.52pm, 1.04pm, 1.34pm, 2.37pm; 12 March 2017]