Thursday 30 March 2017

Day 89, 30 Mar 2017: Today it is the tulips...

Day 89: ...for tomorrow it will be ...?

It is spring. And flowers are coming out all over the place. Some are cultured and perhaps a little out of place; others bloom where and when they should.

I'd be hard-pressed to declare a 'favourite' flower. From a photographic point of view, I enjoy taking them all in all their shapes, colours and sizes. I like them when they are new, and I especially like them when they are losing their colour and bloom. 

I guess my favourite flower would be whichever one I happen to be photographing at the time. 

Today, it is the turn of the tulips. 

Into the centre

Channelling Georgia O'K

Yellow

Opening

Opened

Standing tall

Colour patches

Purples

Whites

Star 

Lining up

Not actually tulips

There's always one (or two)

Everyone and everybird was taking in the colour

Reds

Twin set

Abundance

Below the wheel

Colour contrast


Taking these pics today was a stark reminder of how quickly the first year here has passed. I looked up last year's blog. Yep, last year, day 89, I was taking photos of the tulips here outside in the park near work. 

There will be more to come. And right now, the tulips are my favourite flowers. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 11.36am-11.45am; 30 March 2017]